E-Book Access: Home
EBook Access Information
Academic Complete includes more than 140,000 e-books in all academic subject areas with unlimited, multi-user access. Search all titles or select a subject area (e.g., Religion).
Records for many Ebook Central titles related to theology have been loaded into the Catalog with a link directly to them. You will find these records along with the print holdings in Cook Library and Van Wylen Library as you search in the Catalog.
- search for: Talking about God: the concept of analogy and the problem of religious language, by Roger M. White (Ashgate: 2010).
- You will find two records in the Catalog for this title -- one for Hope College access and one for WTS access
- Select the WTS record by clicking on the title
- In the full record for this title click on ‘Connect to this online book -- (WTS authorized users only)’
Windows and Macintosh: Downloading of Ebook Central Academic Complete titles is possible using Adobe Digital Editions (you will need to download Adobe Digital Editions and sign in to your Western Seminary account); you may retain the item on a personal device for fourteen days.
Mobile Devices (iOS/Android): Downloading of Ebook Central Academic Complete titles is possible using the Bluefire app for iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod) or Android/Kindle Fire. You will need to authorize your device using your "My Adobe" account.
Over 20,000 titles on all subjects, formerly known as NetLibrary. eBook Collection includes titles in religion/theology such as many of the commentaries from Westminster John Knox and the Believers Church Bible Commentary series from Herald Press.
Ebscohost is the same search interface as used with ATLA Religion and ATLASerials. If you are in either of these databases you can go to the eBook Collection by
- selecting ‘Choose Databases’,
- de-selecting your current database(s),
- selecting the eBook Collection.
Windows and Macintosh: Downloading of EBSCO eBook titles is possible using Adobe Digital Editions (you will need to download Adobe Digital Editions and sign in to your Western Seminary account); you may retain the item on a personal device for fourteen days.
Mobile Devices (iOS/Android): Downloading of EBSCO eBook titles is possible using the Bluefire Reader app for iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod) or Android/Kindle Fire. You will need to authorize your device using your "My Adobe" account.
You must sign into My EBSCOhost (at the top of the screen) before you can download books to your device.
For help using Ebscohost click on ‘Help’ (upper right corner) and then select Ebscohost Research Databases
The Oxford Handbooks Online in Religion contain specially-commissioned essays with extensive referencing to further reading, thereby providing thorough introductions to important topics. Downloading
Oxford Handbooks Online allows you to print or download a single essay from a title or up to 5% of the entire title, whichever is greater.
For a video tutorial or ‘Quick Start’ tips click on ‘Help’ (upper center/right of screen).
Additional Ebook Resources
The drop-down box in Electronic Book Collections on the Cook Library webpage provides links to many other sources of ebooks such as:
- Princeton Theological Seminary’s Digital Collections, including the Theological Commons of 50,000 titles.
- Directory of Open Access Books -- university press publications released on an “open access” model