Library Services / Study Carrels
Study Carrel Information
Carrels are located on Floors 2-5 of the library, and provide space for individual study. Floors 2 and 4 offer a quiet study environment while floors 3 and 5 tend to have more activity.
- Please check out all library books you intend to keep in your carrel. The carrels are checked periodically and materials not checked out will be reshelved. You are welcome to use reference books and periodicals in carrels but they must be returned to the Circulation Desk before you leave the building. Please do not take newspapers to your carrel.
- Beverages are allowed in the carrels if they are in sealed containers (a container that will not leak if it tips). Food is not allowed at your carrel. Please use the "Liber Lounge" on 1st floor for snack time.
- Personal items may be left in your carrel with the understanding that the space may be used by others when you are not there. We highly recommend that laptops not be left unattended at any time. The library is not responsible for lost personal items.
- Only people who have a carrel assigned to them may leave materials in a carrel. All other materials will be removed.
Carrels are assigned to in-resident seminarians each fall and can be requested by completing a carrel request form. Other patrons may use them whenever they are vacant. Consult the map of carrel locations for carrel numbers. All library materials kept in carrels must be checked out to the carrel holder.
Please speak with the Circulation Supervisor regarding the availability of a carrel while on campus during intensives. Carrels are not assigned to distance learners during in-residence semesters.
Doctor of Ministry Students
Lockable carrels, known as übercarrels, are available on a limited basis to Doctor of Ministry students for use other than during May intensives. A key deposit of $25 is required and is refunded upon return of the key. The übercarrels are located in the southeast corner of floors 2-5. Übercarrels can be reserved by contacting the Circulation Supervisor.
- Last Updated: Nov 17, 2017 11:12 AM
- URL: https://guides.westernsem.edu/c.php?g=27368
- Print Page