Linking to Cook Library E-Resources / Online Resources
Creating links to resources
Steps for Linking to Online Resources:
- Identify the database or publisher offering the article (for example, EBSCOhost, Gale or Oxford Journals Online).
- Check Links for Specific Resources to find the best link type for the e-resource you are using.
- Click on the Resource Name to expand the instructions for that e-resource.
Links for Specific Resources
Copy the book's URL to your Canvas course or other location (no adjustment needs to be made).
Contact Steve Michaels for assistance in linking to specific pages
URL begins http://search.ebscohost.com/
Use the Permalink from the web page, NOT the URL from the browser.
Copy the article's "Permalink:"
- At the article citation in an EBSCO database, click on the "Permalink" button in the menu at the right of the screen
- Copy the "Permalink" that appears above the citation to your Canvas course or other location
Use the Ingenta OpenURL:
- At the abstract page for the article, click on Linking Options in the right hand menu
- Right click on OpenURL
- Select Copy Link Location
- Paste the Link to the form above and click "Create link"
- Copy the result to your Canvas course or other location
- Last Updated: Jan 4, 2019 8:59 AM
- URL: https://guides.westernsem.edu/c.php?g=108255
- Print Page