Library Services / Alumni Services
Beardslee Library is pleased to provide services to Western Theological Seminary alumni/ae in several ways:
The ATLAS for ALUM program is now available without cost for all alumni/ae of Western Theological Seminary.
ATLAS for ALUM, funded through a grant from Lilly Endowment Inc., provides access to ATLASerials® (ATLAS®), an online collection of more than 140 major religion and theology journals selected by leading religion scholars and theologians.
Within ATLAS, users can research the history of a topic from as early as 1924 to the present through more than 238,000 articles and book reviews combined. ATLAS can retrieve PDFs of articles from these journals, with fully searchable text that allows for keyword proximity and citation set searches.
This database will greatly benefit WTS alumni/ae in all areas of ministry, especially preparation for preaching and teaching and researching topics of special interest.
To register to use ATLAS for ALUM you will need to:
- Choose a password: any sequence of alpha/numeric characters between 6 and 12 characters long and containing at least two numeric characters (for example, abc4de5fg)
- Open this link to open a form to submit your contact information and password. Your username will be created from your last name, followed by your first and middle initials (for example, smithpm).
- Steve Michaels will contact you when access has been set up for your account. Please contact Steve directly regarding any special circumstances that may affect your access to ATLAS for ALUM.
- Beardslee Library maintains lists of free resources and journals related to theological study.
- All alumni/ae of Western Theological Seminary may continue borrowing privileges from Beardslee Library without an annual fee. Please register for a borrower card with Allison Van Liere, Circulation Supervisor.
We encourage all alumni/ae to take advantage of these services!
- Last Updated: Aug 16, 2017 3:35 PM
- URL: http://guides.westernsem.edu/c.php?g=27368
- Print Page